When you are a professional salesperson, the contact time that you have with the client is both critical and compounding. It is the way in which you can grow your market share and sales. That being said you can create a set of standards to give greater quality to the meeting and telephone contact that you make with all of your clients.
You can set those standards in all of the following:
- Identifying future needs for your services
- Ensuring that established business is progressing
- Checking that previous business arrangements and current service levels are at the levels that encourage ongoing business
- Seeing if the client wants more help or information in using your services to better result
- Asking for referral business and leads
Asking the right questions with the client will help these situations. Not only that, they will help you identify any client relationships that are under pressure or threat.
In closing a client connection there is one ‘golden rule’. It goes something like this:
‘Mr. Client, thank you for talking with me today. Is there anything else that I can help you with?’
When you ask the question, the response will likely give you more information and perhaps even another item of business that you can help them with. It is such a simple question and yet so relevant to the client meeting or contact process.
The simple question is perhaps one of the most important. It sends the right message that you are interested in helping. A good client relationship is built on trust and communication. Start to use this question as part of your client meetings and discussions.