In commercial real estate agency today, we all know that the property market is a bit of a challenge. That being said, there is still a lot of listing and commission opportunity to be had by the real estate agents that get organised and focused on the right tasks relative to their market and location. It is a daily process. Top agents do it all the time.
You could say that the whole process involves being ‘mentally prepared’ for each and every day that you step up to the ‘plate’ and strive for a ‘home run’. When the personal thought processes support your action, many more results are possible.
There is a cycle in this commercial real estate industry and it goes something like this:
- Start the day with prospecting for 3 hours
- From your prospecting effort you will create new meetings
- From new meetings with new prospects you will find business opportunity
- New business opportunity leads to quality listings
- Quality listings produce better enquiry than average
- Quality enquiries are what we need for a top database and property sale or leasing conversions
- Keep in touch with the businesses locally. They will tell you so much about the local area and what is going on.
So the mental preparation process is critical to the ‘chain of events’ and the outcomes that you seek in the commercial real estate industry. You could say that sales, leasing, and property management is a bit like a sport and you are the team captain, coach, and player. Your mindset has to suit each role and keep you on track to top performance and new business generation.
Have you ever watched a person play a sport and in doing so you can see that something is wrong with them? They seem to have a down attitude and it gets worse as the game progresses. That is a prime example of ‘mindset and focus’. For those of us that work on commission, the mind has to support your efforts. A good dose of focus is required before you get to the office or start your commercial real estate prospecting. A great attitude will help you greatly. Align your thinking to the task at hand; rise to the top of the market.
- Understand what has to be done
- Set your priorities
- Take action every day
- Know what your market is and where it is located
- Build strong relationships and keep connecting
The commercial property market will change throughout the year and sometimes for a few years at a time. Importantly you should be focused with all of your actions, prospecting, and marketing. Over time that will help you rise to the top of your commercial real estate market.
If you want more tips on commercial real estate prospecting, you can get them at our main website http://commercial-realestate-training.com/