In today’s marketplace the Real Estate Agent needs to be technologically supported as both an individual and an office. Good database software is the only way to support ongoing customer relationship management and control your accounting processes.
Whether your office is focusing on property Sales, Leasing, or Property Management, you will need database software to support your activities. If you diversify further into the disciplines of business sales or commercial, the needs of your database software will need to be further enhanced to satisfy the unique conditions and activities of those transaction types.
Before we go further with this topic, we will say that you need to be very comfortable with using computers as regular business tools for your business today. The more that you do this and the more effective you are at it will be critical to your future real estate success.
So what Database is Best?
Essentially there is an array of database software alternatives available. These can be generally acquired through retail outlets or by purchasing online. Most of these generically available products are very good software packages but have not been specially shaped for the Real Estate industry.
This then means that you must spend some time on the software to shape it to your particular needs. In most cases this will not be a problem for the person familiar with software technology and computers. If however this is an issue for you, then you’ll need to seek expert assistance from a consultant to install and shape the software for you.
A good choice of software for your database will save you time and help you keep on top of the opportunities. This means more clients and commission.
You will need software that tracks the prospect and the series of interactions that you have had with them. The software will, at the most basic end of the usage spectrum, also need to:
- Mail merge to letters and emails
- Integrate with ‘Microsoft Outlook’ or your email client
- Integrate with your mobile phone synchronization
- Create diary recalls of critical issues and the next contact event
- Contact detail
- Property detail
- Recording of all correspondence
- Allow you to classify the prospect to the type of property they want or have, and their capabilities and needs in that regard
- Allow you to make notes of conversations and meetings with the person
- Flag urgent and critical issues of response or opportunity