In commercial real estate you need a top sales pitch to help you convert more business than the competing agents that you are up against. In many respects you will only have 30 minutes with the client to convince them that you are the best agent solution to take their property to the market.
So many agents just ‘wing it’ when it comes to the sales presentation. If you want to win more business the best thing you can do is create a great presentational model that is built on a ‘checklist’ approach. Over time this will help you stay on focus and allow you to refine your approach when you find extra things that will work for you. Soon the whole process of pitching and presenting will be so efficient and focused you will be winning more business of the quality that you require.
Your property market is something that you should know very well. This knowledge and relevance has to get to the client in the presentation. It can help you convert the business in a powerful way. They need a local agent and that can be you.
Here are some ideas to help you build a presentational process and checklist that can really work well.
- Engage the client with relevant questions at the start. To do this you should have comprehensively inspected the property and the general area. In this way you can talk to the things that are important in the marketing campaign.
- Competing properties will impact your marketing campaign. Show the client where those properties are and tell them of the pressures those properties present to the subject property.
- Every client will have issues and concerns. You have to find them and the only way to do that is through questions. Each question you ask should be taken to the next level when you sense that the client has some facts of relevance.
- Give facts about the market based on real evidence. Those facts are likely to influence price, rent, marketing, methods of sale, and methods of lease.
- Tell the client where you see the campaign heading and why. Clients like to see that we have a solid set of solutions and not just a generic approach to helping them. Be very specific to the property.
- As a general rule, always seek vendor paid marketing and exclusive listings at all times. These two facts will help you build market share and that is what you need to make your career strong and successful.
- Do not be afraid to walk away from a listing. If the client is unrealistic or centred on facts that cannot work, do not waste your time in helping them. Let some other agent struggle with the difficult client.
Simple facts like these can help your presentational model and sales pitch greatly. As the base of your presentation improves, you can modify the checklist approach so that you are moving to the next level of listing conversions. Top agents do this all the time.