When it comes to the marketing of commercial property today, the focus that you create through the campaign will help you build the enquiry rate and the inspection profile. It directly follows that a well-constructed campaign will give you a lot of leads and opportunities, regardless of the current and existing property market.
The fact of the matter is that far too many commercial properties are generically promoted and advertised. The features of each and every property should be identified and optimized in each marketing campaign. Those features should consistently flow through all elements of the marketing campaign.
Here are some tips to help the strategy behind your next marketing effort and property listing.
- What are the best days of the week to advertise commercial property locally? To some degree, the answer will depend on the attributes of the property and the target market. Commonly it is found that property marketing is more effective between the days of Wednesday to Saturday on a weekly basis. The fact of the matter is that you should know what days are better for your property promotion activity.
- Defining the target market will help you with the layout of the advertising campaign, the features to be promoted, and the channels of media that you want to use. In most cases, the Internet will be high on the list of marketing alternatives. It is both convenient and economical to use the Internet as part of the campaign; to gain maximum penetration on Internet based adverts use keywords associated with the property type and location. You can get these keywords from search engine research on a weekly or monthly basis. In that way you will stay ahead of the enquiry trends to the search engines and utilise the correct words as part of your advertising format. Most people enquiring regards properties for sale or for lease will go to the Internet first before they lift the telephone and talk to local property agent. Keyword optimization will help you with your enquiry rates from each property listed on the Internet.
- Professional photographs are critical when it comes to property promotion. If you want your advertisement to stand out efficiently and effectively, devote part of the vendor paid advertising campaign to professional photographs. Professional photographers know when to take the photographs, and how to make the property features stand out.
- Inspection feedback to the property owner should occur after every property inspection. This is both a conditioning process and also a communication advantage when it comes to helping the client see the trends of the local property market today, and how they will need to adjust their thoughts on price or rent as the case may be. This naturally assumes that you are getting inspections from your advertising. If this is not the case, have a serious look at your property promotional strategy and revisit the plan for any modifications that can occur. There are reasons why enquiries do not come to you. Resolve those reasons quickly and effectively at the earliest possible time in any property promotion.
- Test and measure every marketing campaign on a twice weekly basis. This will normally be on a Wednesday and a Friday. Observe the results that you get from every media channel and property advertisement. Test and measure the layouts together with the placement of media. In your location, some promotional processes will be more effective than others when it comes to commercial and retail property. Make the right choices, and the enquiry will come to you regularly and directly.
When the property market is slow and tough, the marketing process becomes even more critical. Every property listing that is exclusively promoted should be subjected to scrutiny and strategy throughout the entire campaign. In this way you will be a top agent producing the best results from every listing on your books.