When it comes to marketing a commercial property for sale or lease, you can improve the results that you get through some simple steps and strategies. Gone are the days of generic marketing. Every advertising dollar needs to be optimised. Property enquiry just has to be created for the best possible result.
Here are some tips that can be applied to the property marketing process in your area and by property type.
- Review all competing properties before you form an opinion on price, rent, or marketing method. There is no point in repeating problems or errors that others are making in property marketing. Check out those other properties for price, rent, and enquiry. Your marketing strategy needs to be better so decide what ‘better’ means from your new listing perspective.
- The first 3 weeks of your marketing effort are really important, so decide what will be done in that period of time and monitor the results. Use a ‘Gantt’ chart to establish your processes for the client. The chart will help them see what you will be doing and when.
- Keep the client fully briefed through each part of the marketing effort. You should have vendor paid funds for that property promotion, so spend the money as part of an agreed marketing and advertising effort.
- Every enquiry that you get should be qualified and then put into your database. Over time that database will be a key component of your business processes and networking.
- The internet is a really important part of every marketing effort today. Search out the ‘keywords’ on the search engines that are being used for property enquiry today.
- Local businesses should feature in the early stages of the campaign. A quality listing is a great excuse to talk to the local business people and see what they know or may be looking for when it comes to a property move or upgrade.
- A good signboard will help the property effort. Get the signboard onto the property as early as possible. When that occurs, talk the nearby property owners and investors. You will get a lot of market intelligence that way.
- A ‘high end’ property advertising campaign is something that builds brand and identity. Tops agents use ‘high end’ campaigns to create enquiry from the local and regional area. This then says that all of your campaigns will strengthen your identity as a good agent if you let the marketing set a solid benchmark of quality and relevance. ‘Ordinary’ is not a good word when it comes to property marketing.
Commercial real estate is a people based business. When you really understand that fact, you will know what you should do every day as part of building your momentum in property marketing.