The commercial property presentation today for sales and leasing has to be quite specific to the challenges in the property market. Every client that we present to should be under no misunderstanding when it comes to the prevailing market conditions. It is your job to tell them exactly how the market reacts at the moment to properties similar to that owned by the client.
The property sales pitch or presentation therefore needs to be comprehensive and specific to the property type. When you do this correctly, you will achieve a listing that is matched to the market and a client that is receptive to the required ongoing marketing and negotiations.
Here are some tips to help your property presentation process today.
- As a first stage of the client connection, it’s desirable to meet the client on site and go through the property together. This then allows you to ask questions of the client relating to the property history, the usage, and their motivations for sale or lease today.
- Following that property inspection, ask the client for at least 24 hours of time to allow you to research the prevailing market conditions, and provide the best recommendations to resolve their property challenge. Use that time to correctly structure the strategies and recommendations that should be put to the client. Be quite specific and not generic when it comes to those factors and your final proposal or recommendation.
- At the start of the actual presentation, explain to the client the prevailing market conditions as you see them relating to the property and it’s location. Provide evidence from competing properties on the market today as to time on market, pricing, and best methods of sale or lease as the case may be.
- Over the last two years, there should be some market evidence relating to the achieved prices and rentals for that property type. Whilst each property result will depend on improvements and location, it is worthwhile graphing the property market trends when it comes to results, prices, and rental. Make sure you have inspected each comparable property so you can relate the facts to the client from a personal level.
- Be prepared to tell a few stories relating to other clients and market situations. It is surprising how stories will gain the attention of the client and help your presentation overall.
- As part of the presentation, use plenty of digital photographs on your laptop computer. Those photographs can be rolling automatically as a slide presentation whilst you talk to the client about their property. Most of those photographs should be of the clients property, the surrounding locations, and competing properties. In this way the client will be connecting with their property and your conversation. Avoid slides with any words. Pictures will help grab the clients attention.
Top agents today take deliberate effort when it comes to the property presentation and connecting with the client. Everything needs to be specific in content and accuracy. Expect the other competing agents to do their very best to derail your property presentation. You will not have a second chance to meet with the client, so every presentation needs to be the best.