When it comes to advertising and marketing a commercial investment property for sale today, the message has to be conveyed with accuracy and timeliness. The limited number of buyers available for the given property promotion means that every marketing campaign has to be specific and focused.
As commercial real estate agents, it is our job to provide the specialized marketing activity that this property market requires. Gone are the days of generic property promotion. Top agents thrive in tough markets. They do the right things at the right level for the best result.
We have to do more with less when it comes to marketing property today. The enquiries that we get from the typical advertising activity are limited in quantity and quality. The client needs to be conditioned for negotiating with limited levels of offering.
It should also be said that most decisions to purchase the property take longer to negotiate and finalise. It is in this property market that our skills as specialist commercial real estate agents become more important than ever before.
We simply have to be at the top of our game across all the stages of listing, marketing, negotiating, and processing. Every sale and every negotiation needs to be nurtured across the line. Complacency has no place in this property market today.
The advertising strategies that we adopt will help us generate the best enquiries possible in the prevailing market conditions. Here are some ideas to help you with that marketing activity.
- Check out the subject property fully to understand the best target audience that you should attract as part of the marketing.
- Walk through the property yourself to understand the features of the property that should be incorporated into the property inspection.
- Review any competing properties in the local area that will have an impact on your marketing campaign. Inspect those properties from the street so you understand what they have to offer and how they are being marketed.
- Check out the time on market factors that apply to the listings in your local area. Determine why those properties have not sold, and upgrade your strategies to offset any problems that could exist.
- Do a keyword search on the Internet search engines. Refer to the property type and your location. You will get a list of keywords that are currently being used by people looking for property purchase. Those keywords should be entered into your advertising material to boost the Internet exposure and click rate.
- When you have listed the property for sale, see it as an excuse to talk to all of the local property owners and business proprietors. In this way you will get a lot of leads and opportunities coming back to you.
- Every marketing campaign should be staged using vendor paid advertising funds across a period of time. Each week you should be checking your progress from the campaign so that you know where the best enquiry is coming from.
- Stay in contact with the client at all times so they know how the marketing is progressing and what enquiry is coming in. The same rule applies when it comes to inspections from any prospective buyers. A client that is fully briefed during the marketing effort is inclined to accept your recommendations when it comes to negotiation at a later time.
Give your full focus to the marketing effort with every listing. Over time that will help you improve your market share and database.
Get more tips on commercial real estate in our Newsletter right here.