The most successful salespeople in commercial real estate are the highly visible salespeople. They are known through their local area and every deal that they do is well publicised into the region. Here are some tips from our Newsletter.
Success breeds success in our industry. Use every commercial real estate deal and listing as a reason to talk to more people and grow your database. Those salespeople that struggle usually fall into one of two categories:
- They are not talking to enough prospects and clients on a regular basis, or
- They are unskilled when it comes to the industry and the property types that we work with
The great and most notable thing about the industry is that it rewards those salespeople that work with focus and consistency. We have to be of relevance to our market, and you cannot specialise in everything within the industry. Choose your property type and territory and then prospects with great precision inside that area each and every day.
You can gain more visibility with some commonly available tools and systems. You can mix and match these to suit your efforts and market. Here are some ideas to help you with that:
- If you are comfortable speaking in front of a lot of people, you can offer your speaking services to community groups and business groups. You can talk about the local property market and the trends of development. Everyone has an interest in property in one way or another.
- Write articles about your local property market and the trends that you are seeing. The articles can be sent to Newspapers as editorials, or posted online in a blog that you could establish to talk about your property market.
- Every person that you talk to should be entered into your database. From that database you can send Newsletters via mail or email. Auto responders are a good way to keep the process moving ahead.
- Use your business card everywhere. It is perhaps the most effective method of contact for building relationships with new people.
- Direct mail letters and brochures are still very effective, albeit more time consuming and costly than email. If you send a direct marketing piece through the mail about your property market, take the time to call the person about 7 days after the mail would have been received.
Personal marketing is all about visibility. It is your job to promote yourself each and every day. Prospects and clients will take your services when they trust you and respect your relevance to them. To be relevant the marketing process is ongoing and consistent. Are you ready for the challenge?
You can get more tips like this in our Newsletter for Agents.