Every commercial real estate broker or agent today should have a technology plan to help them build market share, and customer contact. We have so many great tools available to assist with the process.
The essential focus here is to allow technology to simplify your business life and grow your market share. Certainly it can do that, as long as you establish the plan and a process. Make commercial real estate easier for yourself in so many ways.
Here are some specialized tips relating to technology and marketplace communication today:
- Every opportunity in all your conversations and meetings, capture the e-mail information and the mobile telephone information from the prospects and the clients that you talk to. Get their approval and consent for ongoing contact. Remember that in any client or prospect today is likely to bring the value over time. It simply a matter of remaining in contact for the correct and well-timed opportunity.
- Understand the challenges that apply to e-mail marketing and e-mail communication. Ensure that you do not breach the spam legislation that applies in each case. You must have the consent of the person that you are connecting with. You also need to allow them to easily opt out of the process if they choose to do so. It is worthwhile noting here that a professional approach to communication will usually minimize the loss of people.
- You should have a plan that relates to cold calling and prospecting. The telephone numbers that you use should comply with the local communication laws and the do not call register. Understand the differences in laws that apply between telephoning a business, and telephoning an individual.
- You can get a wide variety of auto responders on the Internet today to help with your management of your database and your newsletter. All of the auto responders are very user friendly and relatively cheap to use. You can create a banner for the newsletter so that your branding is consistent to the image that you wish to spread.
- Establish your blogging platform so that you can write articles and provide information relative to the local property market and the industry trends. As part of that process, you can obtain a domain name that can be pointed to your blogging platform. Choose a domain name that is either relative to you individually, or relative to the property speciality and location. A well-chosen domain name will help people find you. On your blog, make sure that you have an entry point to your database and auto responder. Write a blog so regularly so that the search engines start to notice your relevance and experience.
- Get involved with social media and use a number of platforms to do so. Choose two or three platforms that can work for you. Link your blogs back to your social media activity. You can also link your quality listings back to your social media activity. Every prospect or client should be invited to join your social media group. Update your social sites regularly with meaningful and interesting information.
So there are many things here for you to do when it comes to technology and commercial real estate brokerage. Use the technology to market yourself personally to the people that you can serve.
You can get more tips for commercial real estate brokers in our Newsletter.