In commercial real estate brokerage you will hear many people refer to the opportunities gained with attending networking events. Certainly that is the case.
So what are the best networking events that could you attend in your town or city? Here are some ideas to help you:
- Get involved with the local franchise council so that you connect work with franchise groups, franchisors, and franchisees. They may have potential needs when it comes to property relocation, or leasing.
- Solicitors and accountants are good sources of new business opportunity over time. Most of these successful professional people have plenty of clients with property challenges and needs. That being said, these solicitors and the accountants need to trust you and know your relevance as a top agent in the local area. Relationships take time to build with these people but they can be very rewarding over the longer term.
- The local property council or industry group will have networking events on a regular basis. That being said, just about every one of your competitors will be at the same event passing out business cards. All the more reason for you to be present and active on the day.
- Get involved with the local municipal council and know the relative councillors, mayor, and planning officers. They can tell you a lot about the local area when it comes to property changes and future activities.
- The local small business community will have meetings and gatherings from time to time. Understand the role that you can play as a local property specialist and how you can provide quality information to that small business community. On a regular basis you can speak to them about property trends, prices, and rentals. Small business owners invariably need a property to operate from as part of the business function. They may also need knowledge and information relating to property purchase and leasing alternatives at a local level.
So the networking process is quite useful and is part of a strategic process for brokers and agents.
Take your local property knowledge and information to every networking event and opportunity. Share information regards recent sales and leasing activity so that others may benefit from the trends of the market. Soon you will see that others will come to you for help and guidance.