The commercial real estate market can be very competitive at the best of times. Many agents and brokers will be chasing the same listing and attempting to influence the client towards their marketing solution and property package. For this reason you may only have one chance to attract new business and the client to your brokerage. Your sales pitch or presentation needs to be of the highest quality.
So here are five effective ways to improve the client connection and potentially win the listing. Compare these strategies to what you are doing currently. Small improvements can bring big results.
- Clients today know when they are talking to a top agent that dominates the market segment or the location. Every presentation or sales pitch should be designed around those facts. If you miss out on a listing, it can largely be due to the fact that you have not sufficiently convinced the client of your relevance for the property and their marketing situation. A client or a prospective client will not turn their back on the recommendations of a top agent. It really doesn’t matter what relationships exist between the client and your competitors. If you specifically sell your marketing package at a high level, the relevance and the recommendations are hard for the client to avoid or overlook.
- When you present to the client, be totally absorbed in the strategies recommended and the requirements of the client. Every sales or leasing situation can be quite unique. Drill down into the facts of price and rent as the case may be. If you provide any recommendation around the price or the rental, show clear market evidence to support those facts. Also comment regards the best way forward for the client given the current market conditions.
- Show the client exactly what you will be doing to help them with their property challenge. Also show them the stages required to move ahead. You can do that through a simple Gantt chart that itemizes the marketing preparation, marketing campaign, inspection strategy, and negotiation approach. The visual approach of a Gantt chart will help you significantly with any sales pitch or presentation for the listing.
- When any of your competitors put a signboard on a property in your local area, canvass the surrounding property owners and business proprietors. It has been proven many times over that some nearby property investors and business owners are likely to compete when it comes to dealing with their property challenges. You can be the agent or broker to help them with the process of competing; you can list their property. The momentum gained from the nearby competitors listing will give you leverage in packaging your property listing. You can adjust your methods of sale or lease accordingly, together with the necessary pricing package to attract better levels of enquiry.
- Put yourself into the promotion of any exclusive listing. Any exclusive listing should be secured for a reasonable period of time together with vendor paid marketing. As part of that process, you can then commit to the marketing effort by canvassing local business owners and property investors. It directly follows that any quality property listing will give you many reasons to talk to others.
The commercial real estate brokerage process doesn’t need to be hard or difficult. It does however need to be simplified and direct. Get involved with your clients and your property listings so that you can attract more enquiries and create more inspections. Over time those two factors will help you build market share and potentially dominate your market.