One very important part of the commercial real estate process is to do everything possible to get the telephone to ring with fresh and valuable property enquiry. Quality properties create more customer enquiry, as an agent you should be focusing on identifying and creating good quality listings within your brokerage.
It is a fact that a few good listing campaigns comprehensively marketed into your local area will create many leads and opportunities into the future. That being said, it is necessary to track and measure the entire enquiry coming to you across all of the listings; you will see the strengths and weaknesses of every campaign. That is where your database will be valuable and integral to tracking the marketing processes you adopt.
When you track and measure the inbound enquiry coming to you or your office, you can understand the factors of marketing that are working in today’s property conditions. Some methods of sale and methods of lease are far more effective than others when it comes to the local area and the property type.
Here are some ideas to help you with strengthening the customer enquiry for your brokerage:
- Refresh the listing – During the average promotional campaign you will find that the levels of enquiry will improve when you refresh the listing and or adjust the price and the marketing campaign. On that basis every listing should be reviewed every 14 days for both refreshing and rewording. Condition your clients to accept price adjustments on a monthly basis.
- Attract inbound enquiry – You will see that particular methods of marketing are far more effective than others in your town or city; adopt the marketing methods that work and drop those that are low in converting enquiry.
- How did they reach you? – Find out how a person has reached you and what triggered that connection. It could be a particular listing or your market share that attracts the enquiry. Over the longer term you should see a lift in personal profile and inbound enquiry based on that.
- Use professional photographs – Every exclusive listing should be enhanced with quality photographs. There is a cost to the process and that cost should be vendor paid. You can see and reap the benefits of quality photographs in your property marketing campaigns.
- Use 3 different advertising formats – When promoting a single property, have 3 different versions of advertising that can be placed on different industry portals and brokerage websites. Different advertising copy and different layouts will be valuable in broadening the enquiries that you get from the target market.
- Use success letters – When you have listed or sold a local property, use the success letter process to spread the word to local businesses and property owners. The success letter process is most effective when you cover the properties in the immediate vicinity of the subject listing.
- Write Property Editorials – Whilst newspapers have limited promotional value today in property marketing (given the impact of the internet), the newspapers still need good quality editorial to support and drive readership. With every exclusive listing write and submit editorials to the local newspapers. Support the editorials with high quality photographs.
So there are plenty of things to do here with building customer interaction. Effort should be applied to exclusively listed properties where you can see results and enquiry growth potential.